Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weather warning: Hurricane Paloma. 2nd strongest November Atlantic Hurricane on record.

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.theresabloginmysoup.com/weather-warning-hurricane-paloma-2nd-strongest-november-atlantic-hurricane-on-record/)


[caption id="" align="alignright" width="150" caption="Image by Getty Images via Daylife"]IN SPACE - NOVEMBER 07: In this handout from ...[/caption]


Hurricane Paloma tied as 2nd strongest November Atlantic Hurricane ever.

This is a big storm. Apparently it's getting 140 mph winds, which is unusual for November.

As someone who experienced Hurricane force winds, and only @ 75mph during the Ohio wind storms this year, I can really relate.

Our power was off for 10 days, but at least that was the worst of it. I can't imagine actually going through a real hurricane.

Hurricane Paloma's track is headed toward the East coast of the US. But there is a good chance that it may break up over Cuba. I'm no weather expert, but I'd still watch this one.

When it comes to hurricanes like Paloma it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm a lot more respectful about hurricanes now that I've been through the Ohio hurricane in september.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: