Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Of God and Universal Healthcare... Why God Approves!

(My Original Blog Post: http://www.theresabloginmysoup.com/of-god-and-universal-healthcare-why-god-approves/)


[caption id="" align="alignright" width="202" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]This Gutenberg Bible is displayed by the Unite...[/caption]


I've had many people stating that they don't know where God says Universal healthcare is a freedom, or where it's mentioned in the constitution, or how it related.

Here's my view: First off I'm lds / mormon a christian denomination founded by Joseph Smith in 1830.

For all those politicians, business men, republicans, etc who are against Universal Healthcare - I suggest that you are also against the Bible.

Here's the scriptural support for Universal Healthcare:
Matthew Chapter 25, Verses 34-46
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his aright hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or a thirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I submit that - to deny someone medical care is to cast them aside and is un-christian.

Christianity has no room for hypocrites and if you do not support Healthcare for all people, then you have no business saying you are a Christian.

There are people suffering with Cancer, Leukemia, Heart Disease, and all manner of common, and rare diseases. Many cannot afford the health care they need, many show up in the ER which costs 10 times more than a normal doctor, and helps raise the overall cost of healthcare across the board.

Write your congressmen, and senators and let them know that they cannot go on being hypocrites and call themselves Christians and expect to be believed if they go on not supporting Universal Healthcare. After all your congressmen and senators have the best health care our Government can afford, of course they may not care about universal health care.

We may have won a huge victory with Obama getting elected as he favors a more universal plan - but the fight isn't over yet. Keep fighting, and spread the word!

Some great websites to check out about Universal Healthcare include:



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: