Tuesday, November 4, 2008

He did it! A New Day has Dawned. Congrats President-elect Barack Obama.

(My Original Blog Post: -*http://www.theresabloginmysoup.com/he-did-it-a-new-day-has-dawned-this-is-the-beginning-congrats-president-elect-barack-obama/)

America, I introduce you to the 44th President of the United States of America. Barack Obama. God bless the USA!




[caption id="" align="alignright" width="214" caption="Image by jmtimages via Flickr"]the 44th President of the United States...Bara...[/caption]


I've believed the polls, but the pessimist inside me, never would give up. I didn't believe deep down inside that Change was fully possible. I had my relenting doubts.

A relief has washed over me, like none other I've ever felt.

I feel like a new man. Relating it to Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, it feels like the day after the destruction at Mordor.

Yes, I'm a geek, and I can say that all my cynicism, and pessimism about the state of America has been washed away in a tidal wave named Barack Obama.

I'm so happy to see this day come, I'm white, and the fact that he's black isn't the biggest issue to me, but it is a big win for all African Americans. The biggest issue, is the end of the Bush administration's failed policies.

An end to the Iraq war. To unequality in healthcare. To a possible living wage someday instead of a minimum wage that keeps people poor.

This is change, on a drastic level.

I'm listening to Obama's acceptance speech right now, and he's announced his children have earned the new puppy that will be coming with them to the white house. I must say as a dog person, I'm glad to have a first family that is as well.

I am saddened that Barack Obama's grandmother didn't make it see this great day. I'm sure that in the heavens above she is rejoicing at this great moment, and is very proud of her wonderful grandson.

I'm very impressed by John Mccain's very touching, and moving concession speech. He said all the perfect words, and called for an united America.

I'm excited to see the next 8 years play out.

On a side note, I'm also happy to see Kay Hagen win out against Elizabeth Dole. After seeing her 'godless' ad running, and the rebuttal from Kay Hagen who has taught Sunday school, and is in no way a 'godless' candidate. I think there has been a mandate from the people, that we are tired of negative character and association attacks. That we want to hear candidates talk about the issues.

I'm also excited to see a filibuster proof congress, and the demise of the republican party in bulk. It may take decades for them to make a comeback, if ever.

I would love none else than to see the 2-party system disappear altogether, and see people run based on their own merit instead. I don't know if we'll ever be ready for that, but it would be exciting.

I just want to say that this is one American who after 8 years of shadow, is once again proud to be an American. Honestly, there were times over the past 8 years that I've been ashamed to call myself an American.

Now is the true dawn of a new day, it's as if a hundred years of winter is fading, and spring is blooming. Spring is blooming in my heart. Call me sappy. (Excuse the Narnia reference, refer to the confession of my geek status).

We need to take this chance that we've been given, to go 100% and make the difference. We've been given a clean slate. We have been given an opportunity. If we waste this opportunity, then we will never have another chance as big as we have now. We can now work together and make this country relive its hayday. We can go back to those days.

Bottom line. I have hope again. I have faith. I believe in our New President. I believe in Barack Obama. I believe that we can do it. God bless all those who've made this possible, the divine hand of Providence is clearly present in this great election.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: