Actually, Craigslist has signed an agreement with 40 state attorney generals to combat Prostitution. It appears that prositution via Craigslist has become a big deal.
People are now required to submit a valid phone number, and credit card to post to the erotic services area of Craigslist. Of course they will be charged. Gotta pay the bills somehow.
I wonder if Craigslist might be providing some of the user info to authorities too?
I'm surprised it's taken this long for some kind of measure like this to take place.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Craigslist To Charge for "Erotic Services" Ads
- Party's over: Craigslist cracking down on erotic services
- Craigslist's Revenues Just Went Up a Bunch, Nevermind the Pageviews Hit
- Craigslist Settles With AGs on Adult Ads; Will Start Charging But Donating It To Charity
- Craigslist To Require Credit Card For 'Erotic Services' Ads [The Internet]
- Craigslist Agrees to Curb Prostitution Ads
- Craigslist Doesn't Want Your Sex (Ads)
- Craigslist To Crack Down On Prostitution Ads
- Craigslist to Lose Part of Its Charm by Limiting Sexual Ads
- Martial law planned for Craigslist's red-light district